Restoration & Bodywork
All our bodywork repairs on VW's are carried out to the highest standards replicating factory welds and techniques where viable, using a variety of methods including spot welding, mig and tig welding. All panel repairs follow the same process -
- All panels are zinc primed with the world’s best quality MCU Technology paint
- Repair is zinc primed straight away
- All corrosion areas are blasted using a glass media
- All exterior seams are sealed using a MCU polyurethane sealer/adhesive which chemically cures
- VW specification PVC based sealer is applied to all underside repairs
- A flexible anti corrosion wax is applied as a top coat to underside repairs
- All interior cavities are wax injected at point of repair
- Panel finishing is an involved process and all bare metal is etch primed
- Any filling is kept to a minimum and all repairs are sealed with a waterproof filler first
- The whole vehicle is etch primed followed by at least 2 coats of high build primer
- Top coats are applied to the colour/finish requirements set by customer
We only undertake glass out full re-paints on shell restorations, we can also carry out small body repairs or single panel replacement if required.
The VW T25 has a well-documented seam issue and we employ as many tactics as possible to remove this corrosion and stabilise the problem.
We can tackle the most challenging of bodywork problems on all classic Volkswagens.